Today my mama and I went to Divisoria to buy some low cost clothing. So what is Divisoria? Divisoria is a well known place here in the Philippines where you can buy a variety of products at a very cheap or low price whether it is for home, office, school, industrial, events and for many other things. Where it is located?
Divisoria is located in the heart city of Manila which touches the different parts including Binondo, Tondo and San Nicolas. The most popular of these side-streets are Juan Luna, Ylaya, Tabora, Santo Cristo and Soler. Usually we buy in dozens when we go to Divisoria so we decided to go at the New Divisoria Mall located at the corner of Tabora and Sto. Cristo streets in Binondo because we can save more at their wholesale price. Other malls that can be found there are Tutuban Mall, 168 Mall, Meisic Mall and as we passed by recently there is a construction going on beside the 168 Mall which is said to be the 999 shopping Mall soon to open. Here are the photos of what I bought and guess how much it cost.
My mama also bought T-shirts, towels and shorts so we shared paying for the wholesale price. I bought 1 dozen of white hand towels, 3 T-shirts, 3 sandos, half dozen of undees, half dozen of shorts, 3 pairs of black socks, 1 white blouse (not in the photo), 1 duster (not in the photo) 1 pair of toddler shirt (for my little boy), 1 flat shoes (for comfy walks at the mall) and 1 wallet with 3 zipper division . It only cost me 2, 000 pesos for all the items including my transportation expenses and food, I even treat my mama at chowking in the New Divisoria Mall food court located at the third level. Mostly the items that I bought are for our everyday use inside the house (pambahay) that is why majority are white clothing for the comfortability at home since Philippines has a tropical climate. I patronize Philippine products so I am happy to know that we found a Filipino vendor selling different kinds of shirts, bags, towels and all kinds of give away items I have noticed that most items are Philippine made; the designs of the shirts (usually sold as souvenir T-shirts) and there is a tag Wow Pinoy in some shirt. The photo below are the items that we bought from there.
The price of this Shirt is only 65 pesos each but when you buy in half dozen (assorted designs are allowed), the price will be 60 pesos each so you have a 5 peso good savings for each. When you purchase this kind of shirts at the mall or any souvenir item store the price ranges from 100 to 250 pesos so it’s a big savings buying from them. Their exact location inside the New Divisoria Mall is at Pasilio JS 31-33(2nd Floor) with Telephone numbers 788-8689/7889933. The photo below is their actual store.
So you want big savings why not visit Divisoria and you will be amazed about the very low price and cheap cost of the different products there.
Tips in Divisoria Shopping:
- Before you go there make sure you have a list of what important things to buy because you will be tempted to buy as much because of the low price.
- Bring coins and some smaller bills so that you can make bigger discounts (Tawaran sa mga vendors)
- Always be alert and watch for your valuables; it is better to wear jeans with a deep pocket so you can just put the money there and avoid bringing big wallets.
- Bring big plastic bags or lightweight big bags so if you buy the items you can just put it in one bag which is easy to carry.
- When buying, always double check the quality of the items. Although the items are cheap it doesn’t mean that you will buy a low quality products.
- Your body should be condition because you will need more walk in shopping there and you will encounter too many people oftentimes crowded.
- I suggest you start your shopping at Divisoria in the morning at around 9am-10am so there will be less people and not that too crowded.
Although I am also buying some signature clothing, Divisoria will always be a part of my shopping at least twice or thrice a year buying for summer, whenever there is an occasion and during Christmas season.