It is summer again here in the Philippines and during this season there are commonly occurring diseases like diarrhea, sore eyes, mumps and other skin diseases. Pimples and acne are also a problem as I have noticed the appearance of theses tiny pimples in my forehead. Based on my experience these tiny little pimples appears on my face whenever I am expose to sunlight, dust and smoke pollution for a prolonged period of time. The pores of our skin are open when it is warm or hot so during summer season the bacteria are attracted to enter into our skin. Sometimes it is itchy and I got irritated when it swells wanting me to squeeze it it like a Calamansi. But it is not medically recommended to pop pimples because it can result to bleeding and scaring.
A pimple is a result of a blockage of the skin’s pore. It can be a pustule or papule. (meaning taken from wikipedia) If you wanted to know more about pimples scientifically you may visit wikipedia article about pimple but in this post I will share a natural way to treat pimples that works for me that possibly may work for you.
A natural way to treat pimples
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, dust and smoke pollution. (When we are expose to sunlight it may harm our skin, we also sweat and we intend to wipe our face with our hands which can transmit a bacteria to our lovely face while smoke pollution can lead to a dry dull skin)
- Always keep your hands clean. (So if you touch your face it is free from bacteria, if going outside I suggest you bring a hand sanitizer, washing your hands can also prevent you from acquiring some diseases due to bacteria and viruses)
- Take enough Vitamin C. (as it is said that Vit. C has an important healing agent- You will noticed those who are taking Whitening pills like Metathione or Glutathione, the Vit. C is included and some say that these whitening pills are effective if you take more Vit. C – I am not using these products but in my curiosity, I ask those who use and research also knowing that Vitamin C plays an important role.)
- Before going to bed, wash you face with a warm water with a mild soap followed by a cold water or you can even rub an ice to you face. (Warm water opens the pores of the skin and after washing your face following a cold water wash closes the pores of the skin – this is really true and I remember it was taught by my PE teacher Mrs. Forteza when I was in first year high school).
- Trim or tie your hair neatly to avoid it touching your pretty face.
- Use a mild or gentle skin cleanser like Cethapil skin cleanser. ( If your eyes are tired and don’t want to wash you face with water, you can just apply a pea size or more of Cethapil on your face and use a cotton to clean it, you can even use it as a make-up remover)
- Take enough sleep as much as possible. (While we rest or sleep, our body system is working at it’s best to recharge more likely rejuvenating – you will noticed that people with enough sleep looks younger, fresh and has a good aura.)
I hope I’d inspire you.